- Visit this Website or another website owned, maintained, or controlled by Zoetis;
- View or click on any of our online content;
- Receive or reply to email or other electronic communications from us;
- Interact with us on our social media pages, channels, or websites;
- Create an account or otherwise register for, or purchase, services;
- Fill out a survey, complete a questionnaire or quiz, or participate in a promotion, giveaway, or sweepstakes;
- Purchase a product from us or are party to a transaction with us;
- Use software applications made available by us on computers or mobile devices; and
- Interact off-line with us, such as during site visits or by attending, live or virtually, an event or conference.
Collectively, we refer to the above as “Services.”
What Information We Collect
The type of personal information we collect varies based on the Services provided. Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. During a Service, we may collect personal information, including name, home and mobile phone numbers, postal address, email address, payment card and third party payment services information, and photographs and videos. Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to us, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background).
How We Collect Information
We collect personal information directly from you through the Services we provide. For example, you may provide your contact information when you register on our Website in order to receive information about, or purchase, our products.
We may also use or augment the personal information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public data bases and social media platforms, and with information provided to us by third parties. For example, we may collect information from other sources to verify the licensure status and identity of veterinarians or other animal-health care professionals who register on our Website.
How We Use Information
We may use personal information we collect for legitimate business purposes, including to:
- Develop, operate, promote, improve and market our products and services or other animal-health related products or services;
- Connect you with third parties;
- Process purchases and other transactions;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, or complaints;
- Communicate with you;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements, legal process, contractual obligations, and our policies;
- Conduct research and data analysis;
- Provide you with tailored content, marketing, and promotional messages;
- Enable you to manage your preferences including, without limitation, the ability to opt-out;
- Establish and defend legal rights, protect our operations and pursue available remedies;
- Conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets; and
- Verify your identity.
We may also use personal information for any other purpose that we disclose at the time we collect your information.
We may also aggregate or deidentify personal information you provide and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities and market analysis. Aggregated or deidentified information no longer identifies you or any other individual.
How We Share Information
We may share personal information we collect with:
- Third-party service providers/vendors to facilitate services they provide to us, such as marketing, advertising, market research, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services;
- Third-parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of a Zoetis business;
- Third-parties for other legal reasons, such as to enforce our terms and condition or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others;
- Governmental or other public authorities (including regulators and law enforcement) as permitted or required by law, regulation, or court order; and
- Your veterinarian.
We will limit sharing of your personal information where appropriate and where legally required. We may also disclose to third parties aggregated or deidentified information that is not personally identifiable for any purpose.
Pixel tags and other similar technologies
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services, measure the success of our market-ing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
IP Address. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
Physical Location. We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with per-sonalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, com-bined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
How We Protect Your Information
We seek to use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards, and other security measures to protect personal information within our organization from growing threats. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We therefore recommend that you use every precaution to protect your information when using the internet and any other links. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the contact methods provided below.
Your Privacy Choices
You may be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional/marketing e-mails from Zoetis and third parties working with Zoetis. You may unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving any informational/promotional material by following the instructions as mentioned in the e-mail or included in each program we send to you. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
If you would like to access, delete, review, or update personal information that you have provided to us, you may contact us as indicated in the Contact Us section. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Third Party Advertising
We use third party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. You may receive advertisements based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on infor-mation received from third parties. These companies place or recognize a unique Cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They also use these technologies, along with in-formation they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ or http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI): http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#/
You may also limit ad tracking in mobile app environments on your device. For the most effective and up-to-date methods for doing so, you should consult instructions provided by those device manufacturers. We offer the following information solely for informational purposes, and we cannot guarantee that the methods below are the most current:
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Last Updated June 2022