At Zoetis, our colleagues make a difference in their communities by giving back. The Zoetis Foundation wanted to involve Zoetis colleagues as a resource for focusing its grantmaking, while helping colleagues increase their impact. The Foundation collaborated with the Talent, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (TDE&I) team to seek recommendations of grant recipients from colleagues regarding causes that matter to them for the Colleague Resource Group (CRG) Philanthropy Grants Program.
Zoetis’ eight CRGs bring together colleagues who share similar backgrounds, experiences, or interests to build community and work toward common goals. Their important roles in fostering workplace inclusivity and their missions are closely aligned with how the Foundation strives to prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion across its focus areas of Education, Well-being and Livelihoods for farmers and veterinarians. The Foundation recognizes CRGs as catalysts to enriching its charitable giving to DE&I causes and is thrilled to see this collaboration come to life.
Through the CRG Philanthropy Grants Program, the Foundation invited Zoetis' CRGs to propose grantee suggestions to the Zoetis Foundation for possible funding. CRGs submitted organizations they felt supported the Foundation's mission and focus areas aligned with the Foundation's values to strengthen DE&I.
Recommended by the Zoetis Early Career Champions (ZECC) CRG, one grant was awarded to the National FFA Organization, the premier youth organization working to prepare its members for careers in agriculture. With this grant, the National FFA Organization alleviated travel costs for a new delegation from the Virgin Islands and 5 other FFA chapters to attend the National FFA Convention and Expo.
We’re thrilled to share the other CRG Philanthropy Grants Program recipients for this year. These organizations are working across a wide range of issue areas to create positive impact in our world, demonstrating what’s possible when we come together as One Zoetis:
- The Age-Less Inspirations Valued and Experienced (ALIVE 50+) CRG recommended the Alzheimer's Association National Office, which accelerates global research and support for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, and Pets for the Elderly Foundation whose mission is to provide companionship to senior individuals through pet ownership, while saving the lives of companion animals in shelters.
- The Asians Rising Together (ART) CRG put forth the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund, an organization that works with Asian American communities across the country to secure human rights for all, and the Asian Mental Health Collective, which is building a community for Asian mental health support.
- The Black Employees Leading in Inclusion, Equity, Vision, Education, Recruitment, and Strategy (BELIEVERS) CRG proposed Management Leadership for Tomorrow, which equips and emboldens high-achieving individuals from underrepresented communities to realize their full potential.
- Our Latinx CRG LaZos recommended support for Instituto: Institute for Latino Progress, an organization that supports Latino immigrants and their families through education, training and employment, and El Futuro, Inc. which provides community-based mental health services to Latinx families.
- The Proud And Welcome (PAW) CRG proposed support for The Rainbow Railroad, an organization that helps LGTBQI+ people around the world facing persecution get to safety, and The Trevor Project , who is working to create a world where all LGBTQ young people see a bright future for themselves.
- The Differently-abled / Neurodiversity Alliance (DNA) CRG recommended the Special Olympics Inc, which provides sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, and Lime Connect Inc., the largest network of high-potential university students and professionals - including veterans - who have disabilities in the world.
- The Women Achieving Vision Excellence and Success (WAVES) CRG proposed The Malala Fund, which is working for a world where every girl can learn and lead, and Dress for Success which empowers women to achieve economic independence.