Strategic Sourcing at Zoetis
Zoetis key procurement organizations are Global Strategic Sourcing and Operations, Zoetis Global Supply and Vet Med R&D.
Zoetis colleagues follow a documented strategic sourcing process, which helps ensure a solid fit between a project's requirements and a supplier's capabilities. As a result of thorough, up-front analysis, this process also significantly improves the odds of long-term success for all members of a project team. We encourage potential suppliers to familiarize themselves with our process so that when the opportunity arises, they will understand where and how they might add value.
The Zoetis Strategic Sourcing Process offers a common foundation and framework that provides us with a consistent approach to the sourcing of goods and services. Additionally, the process directly supports our commitment to eliminate redundancies and adopt best practices to optimize costs and streamline efficiencies.
Strategic Sourcing Process
- Identify business need; conduct pre-project planning; review applicable supplier diversity registrations
- Form cross-functional team and define project
- Collect internal and external data
- Perform strategic analysis
- Formulate strategies and develop implementation plans
- Refine implementation plan and select supplier
- Measure, monitor and report project progress
What We Buy
Zoetis is in the business of discovering, developing and marketing innovative animal health products, and buys all that is required to support that business as well as general items required to run any business. Please find below a partial list of the product and service areas in which we purchase:
·Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO)
·Print & Promotional Items