To enjoy healthy and active lives, dogs need the protection of their owners and the care of veterinarians. At Zoetis, we understand the deep bond between people and “man’s best friend.” We strive to support veterinarians as they provide their canine patients with the highest quality of care, and we offer an array of vaccines, parasiticides and medicines to help dogs stay well and sustain their quality of life.
Below is a brief sampling of our canine products:
- APOQUEL® (oclacitinib tablet)
- A novel Janus kinase Inhibitor for the control of pruritus, or itching, associated with allergic dermatitis and the control of atopic dermatitis in dogs at least 12 months of age
- Convenia® (cefovecin sodium)
- The first anti-infective for common bacterial skin infections in dogs that provides an entire course of therapy in one injection without the difficulty of administering daily pills
- Revolution®/Stronghold® (selamectin)
- A medicine that protects against adult fleas, flea larvae, heartworms, ear mites and other parasites such as sarcoptic mites and American ticks
- Cerenia® (maropitant citrate)
- An antiemetic therapy for the prevention and treatment of acute vomiting in dogs, and for the prevention of vomiting due to motion sickness in dogs
- Vanguard High Titer®
- A vaccine that aids in preventing canine distemper caused by canine distemper virus, infectious canine hepatitis caused by canine adenovirus type 1, respiratory disease caused by canine adenovirus type 2, canine parainfluenza caused by canine parainfluenza virus, and canine parvoviral enteritis caused by canine parvovirus
- Palladia® (toceranib phosphate)
- The first drug to be approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treating mast cell cancer tumors in dogs
- Rimadyl® (carprofen)
- For the relief of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis and for the control of postoperative pain associated with soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries
- The first canine Lyme disease vaccine licensed in the United States
- PropoFlo® 28 (propofol)
- A reliable, rapid induction agent with rapid recovery for dogs that can be used up to 28 days after broaching. Available in 20 mL and 50 mL vials.
- Simparica™(sarolaner) chewable tablets
- A once-monthly medication approved in the European Union for the treatment of fleas, ticks and sarcoptic mange in dogs beginning at eight weeks of age.