Under the CCPA, personal information is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with, a California resident.
Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect personal information relating to California residents in a variety of contexts. The specific personal information that we collect, use, and disclose relating to a California resident depends upon our relationship or interaction with that individual.
Listed below are (1) the categories of personal information collected from California residents; and (2) the categories of third parties to which we disclosed this information or to which we sold this information, in each case during the preceding 12 months:
|Category||Disclosed to Service Providers||Disclosed to Our Affiliates||Disclosed to Governmental or other Public Authorities||Disclosed to Veterinarians||Sold to Third-Party Advertisers|
|Personal Identifiers: Name, postal address, unique personal identifier, email address, telephone number, mobile number, IP address or other similar identifiers.||X||X||X||X||X|
|Customer Records: Name, signature, postal address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.||X||X||X|
|Transaction Information: Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||X||X||X|
|Professional and Employment Information: Current employment information.||X||X||X|
|Usage Data: Browsing history, browser type, time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other traffic data search history, interaction with websites, applications or advertisement, or other similar identifiers.||X||X||X|
|Audio/Visual Information: Photographs and videos.||X||X||X|
|Profiles and Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about an individual’s preferences, characteristics, and predispositions.||X||X||X|
We collect this personal information directly from you and from the following types of sources: publicly available databases, internet service providers, social media platforms, third-party data brokers and aggregators, data analytics providers, service providers, and affiliates.
Our Use of Personal Information
The purposes for which we use or disclose the personal information that we collect depends on our relationship with a specific California resident. We use the personal information to:
- Operate, grow, manage and maintain our business;
- Provide products and services;
- Manage relationships with service providers; and
- Accomplish other business purposes.
For example, we use personal information to develop, advertise and market our pet-health related products; operate our services; conduct research and data analysis; maintain our facilities and infrastructure, protect health and safety; operate and manage IT and communications systems; facilitate communications; conduct risk and security control and monitoring; detect and prevent fraud; perform identity verification; perform accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations; comply with law, legal process, and internal policies; evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets; maintain records; and exercise and defend legal claims.
Your Rights and Choices
California residents have certain rights regarding their personal information. This section describes those rights and explains how to exercise them.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you;
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed to third parties for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information for a business purpose;
- The categories of personal information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to which we sold such personal information; and
- A copy of the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
If you are a California resident, you may also request that we delete personal information we collected about you.
If you are a California resident, you may make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above by:
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completing a California Consumer Rights Request Form
- Calling the Zoetis U.S. Privacy Toll-free Number: 844-835-0602
If you are a California resident, you may request to opt-out of any future sale of personal Information about you by clicking on the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link or by contacting us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We will verify and respond to your request consistent with the CCPA and any other applicable law. In certain cases, we may decline to honor your request, in full or part. In some instances, we may decline to honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm that the personal information that we maintain relates to you, or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. In other instances, we may decline to honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another individual.
When you make a request, we will take steps to verify your request by matching the information that you provide with the information we have in our records, including your phone number, email address, city and state. In some cases, we may request additional information such as email address, state and country of residence in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests.
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
Requests by Authorized Agents
A California resident may authorize an agent to make a request on behalf of the California resident. The authorized agent may make a request by contacting us as set forth above. If an authorized agent makes a request on behalf of a California resident, we may request, as applicable, proof concerning the authorized agent’s status, which may include:
- Proof of registration with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California;
- Proof of a power of attorney from the resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121-4130;
- Signed permission that the California resident has authorized the agent to make the request on the resident’s behalf.
If an authorized agent has not provided us with a power of attorney from the resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121-4130, we may also require the resident to:
- Verify the resident’s own identity as we would if the California resident were making the request directly; or
- Directly confirm with us that the California resident provided the authorized agent with permission to make the request.
We may change or update this Disclosure from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Disclosure on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
If you have any questions regarding this Disclosure or our privacy policies and practices, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated June 2022