As the needs of veterinarians, companion animal owners and livestock producers around the world continue to evolve, Zoetis strives to anticipate their challenges and develop new solutions that can help them care for animals more effectively and run their businesses more productively. Our work is fueled by insights from research facilities around the world, a global network of alliances with leading research institutes and universities, and the latest advances from related industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and agribusiness.
Our research has resulted in a broad range of products over the years that have helped veterinarians provide better care for farm animals and companion animals, and livestock producers optimize the efficiency and profitability of their operations.
Examples of Zoetis innovations include:
- APOQUEL® (oclacitinib tablet) - A novel Janus Kinase inhibitor for the control of pruritus, or itching, associated with allergic dermatitis and the control of atopic dermatitis in dogs at least 12 months of age
- Fostera™ PCV2 – The only single-dose vaccine that helps prevent PCV2 viremia, which can compromise swine herd health
- Improvest®/Improvac / Vivax / Innosure – A first-of-its-kind immunological that controls boar taint (an off odor and taste in cooked pork from male pigs), enabling the benefits of natural boar growth with less feed and environmental impacts while enhancing meat quality and improving pig welfare
- Inforce 3TM – The first and only respiratory vaccine that prevents respiratory disease caused by Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus (BRSV)
- Palladia™ (toceranib phosphate) – The first drug to be approved by the FDA for treating mast cell cancer tumors in dogs
- Convenia®(cefovecin sodium) – The first antimicrobial for the treatment of common bacterial skin infections in cats and dogs that provides an assured course of treatment in a single injection
- Draxxin® (tulathromycin) – A novel antimicrobial for livestock that delivers a full course of antibiotic therapy against bovine respiratory disease in a single dose
- BOVI-SHIELD GOLD ONE SHOT™ - Helps protect cattle for at least 279 days against infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus and bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) Types 1 and 2 viruses.
- Trocoxil® – An innovative new anti-inflammatory administered monthly to dogs with degenerative joint disease (Not approved for use in the United States)
- Poulvac® E. coli – a vaccine that aids in the prevention of disease caused by E. coli in poultry
- Equivac HeV, Hendra – A vaccine to help prevent against clinical disease in horses caused by Hendra virus, a serious zoonotic disease that can be fatal to both horses and people (Available in Australia)