Animal Connections: Our Journey Together
Exploring Animal Connections: Our Journey Together
From cows that provide milk for a bowl of cereal to sea lions working with their trainers at the zoo or even puppies that chase the ball in the yard, the connections between humans and animals are vast.
A fascinating mobile exhibition, “Animal Connections: Our Journey Together,” highlights this special relationship. Developed to inspire future generations of veterinary professionals, the exhibit explores and celebrates the enduring bond we all share with animals – from pets to livestock to animals in the wild – and the vital role that veterinarians play.
“Animal Connections: Our Journey Together” was created by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service and is a collaboration with the American Veterinary Medical Association and the American Veterinary Medical Foundation, and with Zoetis as our company affirms a singular focus on animal health.
This 1,000-square-foot exhibit housed on an 18-wheel truck is divided into five sections, devoted to animals in the home, on the farm, at the zoo, in the wild and at the veterinary clinic. Visitors are offered a variety of ways to learn, including informative displays, dynamic videos and interactive experiences. In the home section, visitors will learn how to select the right pet and the possible dangers from pets eating food prepared for family members, household items like plants and even holiday decorations. A display in the farm section highlights the mobile clinics that large animal veterinarians stock with a variety of tools—from dental speculums to cow magnets—to ensure they are prepared for any procedure. A virtual clinic at the center of the exhibition provides visitors the opportunity to be the veterinarian. Through touch screens, they can examine and diagnose what ails their virtual patients—a dog, a piglet and a cheetah.
Zoetis and Animal Connections
Zoetis is proud to support “Animal Connections: Our Journey Together.” The exhibition affirms our commitment to veterinarians as we strive to enhance the understanding of the vital role veterinary professionals play in protecting animal health and, in so doing, safeguarding human health. We aim for the exhibit to inspire young people to pursue careers in veterinary medicine and the allied professions.
Zoetis works every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant. We believe the connection between humans and animals is one of the most fundamental bonds that human beings experience. We are excited to introduce the exhibition to everyday citizens by showing the impact of animal health and demonstrating our dedication to the veterinarians and livestock producers on which we all depend.
Join the Journey
To learn more about the amazing human-animal connection and the important role of veterinarians, visit the “Animal Connections: Our Journey Together” mobile exhibition free of charge. Join us at the next stop along its journey:
West Allis, WI
Wisconsin State Fair
640 South 84th Street
West Allis, WI
- Monday, August 4 from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 5 from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 6 from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Des Moines, IA
Iowa State Fair
3000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA
- Monday, August 11 from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 12 from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 13 from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Jersey City, NJ
Liberty Science Center
222 Jersey City Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ
- Monday, August 18 from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 19 from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 20 from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
New York State Fair
581 State Fair Blvd.
- Wednesday, August 27 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Thursday, August 28 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Friday, Agust 29 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Saturday, August 30 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Sunday, August 31 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Monday, September 1 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Horse Shows in the Sun
319 Main Street
- Friday, September 5 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday, September 6 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Sunday, September 7 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
American Association of Bovine Practitioners Convention
401 2nd Street NW
- Thursday, September 18 from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Friday, September 19 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Please check back for updates on future tour stops!